Saturday, February 4, 2012

I-pads for every student?

http://dotlearnt.com/2012/01/31/iwant-ineed-igottahave/#comment-795

"Over 1.5 million educational institutions worldwide have integrated the iPad into their curricula, ensuring that iBooks has the market and the features to sweep through education around the world.
Tell us. What challenges will iBooks face in terms of emerging markets? What would you like to see more of in terms of digital textbooks and accessibility? Comments welcomed and appreciated."

My response:

Blog post 2
I can't wait to see all these ipads in action! I'm eager to know the effects of one-to-one technology for every student. While I think this could have a dramatic impact on education, I wonder how many students will truly have access?  How will schools with financial difficulties make this happen?  Will students who are already socioeconomically disadvantaged be further behind without this same access?  One area that I think will benefit students is with reading.  Will easier access to reading material help to close our achievement gap?  Once again, I think so, but what about those who cannot afford the technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment